Wednesday, June 21, 2017

B.L.E.M.G. CEO goes through crisis!!! 2017 2nd Quarter Report.


With the beginning of the 4th Quarter, all bets are off.  This may be the most profound sounding update I've ever put together.  Don't ask me why, but, I need some people, some colleagues to understand, I'M STILL HERE!!!

Just recently, I realized just how blessed I am.  To be surviving prostate cancer, fighting paralysis and getting my health in the best condition it's been in decades.  Yet, I have managed to put together the most talented underground roster of any company in the continental United States, and yes, I will put my own reputation on that.  But even with that,......I have been hit and hit hard.

The 4th Quarter of 2016 did not start well.  October was the beginning of a very emotionally trying time; starting strong and quite happy getting ready for the upcoming holidays.  Spending more and more time with my girls and grandchildren was a dream come true.  Being nominated to the Honoring Committee for City Summit & Gala was a very big and humbling experience.  Who is City Gala?



The City Summit and Gala is a 3 day, weekend long event  packed with powerful keynote speakers - starting with the Summit's business conference focused on growth, leadership, innovation and philanthropic projects. This weekend long experience endeavors to provide support, networking, acceleration focused on programs to support the efforts of startup, charitable organizations that align with our vision. Their call to action is to raise funds and awareness for the upstart, philanthropic entrepreneurs. 




The bottom fell out with the hospitalization of my daughter.  Not being able to be there because of my physical challenges was one of the hardest things I had to go through; yet, I did not know, it was just the beginning.  One week before Thanksgiving, my daughter passed away; complications from Stage 4 Lung Cancer.  She was 30 years old.

That slowed me down.  The 2nd of my children to pass away in their prime.  My son passed away 5 years ago January 1, 2017.  In February 2017, I was offered a volunteer position on the Advisory Council for the Prostate Cancer Foundation; which I humbly accepted.



Along with that, I began my crowdfunding effort through MANY VS. CANCER.  I have also created a team to help raise the necessary funds to fund the cure for Prostate Cancer.  Seemed things were picking up,.....but then the end of the 1st Quarter came.



On March 1, my dear mother passed away and it has been extremely difficult to regain my focus.  So,....I expanded my executive offices and created new positions.  The Board of Directors of Wayne Management Company, however, was concerned, and voted to name a Co-CEO to assist me in the full operations of the company.  That Co-CEO was the President of Black Lion Entertainment Music Group, Synthia "Blak Cheri" Robinson.



The death of my mother caused a 30 day delay in the release of the company's 4th mixtape, CONCRETE JUNGLE.  However, on May 1,....we was able to release CONCRETE JUNGLE on DatPiff.  It was a great 2 week debut for the mixtape, which drew over 800 views, streams and downloads.  At the beginning of June 2017, it was nominated for Mixtape of the Month through Poze Productions, which would be cause for an automatic submission to their upcoming X-Poz-Ing Music Awards ceremony in Chicago, IL on August 12, 2017 for Mixtape/Album of the Year.  It would be the 2nd time that Black Lion Entertainment Music Group to achieve that, if that were to happen; which would make me very happy.

Although there is a major shakeup going on within the company, I feel very confident on our upcoming Gospel release, tentatively scheduled for a December 2017 release.  It is my intention to show the various genres of giving praise and honor to God; not to mention, this is my PERSONAL thank you to God for saving my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment